There is no doubt the mud kitchen is hot right now. It’s a trend we whole-heartedly embrace.
Why, you may ask…
- The joys and benefits of imagination based play are endless
- It’s a perfect opportunity to upcycle the old into something functional and beautiful
- The mess is outside!
‘Freddie’s first birthday was coming up and now that she is standing, we knew she would love something to be able to interact with other than a door!’ says Jenna
‘Freddie absolutely loves pulling out everything from the cupboards which keeps our kitchen clean and her favourite feature is opening and closing the door. It’s by far her favourite thing to do at home and the dogs are happy because they get a little peace and quiet!’
Jade and Jonathon (Little Hipster Kubby) made and designed this gorgeous Dimity Mud Kitchen and even customised a little sign. Jenna went op shopping to source the accessories and went for a combination of earthy tones to complete the look.
OUR TOP TIPS FOR NAILING YOUR OWN MUD KITCHEN:
- If handy isn’t your thing – call the experts! Little Hipster Kubby Mud Kitchens are a perfect place to start!
- Make it personal – including your little chef’s name in the design adds a special touch.
- Op shops are great for all the accessories you need. Don’t forget the idea is to play so hard wearing is essential. We particularly love vintage enamel plates and bowls.
- Running water nearby will add fun – mud pies anybody?! (And help wash those muddy hands at the end of the cook!)
- Raid nan’s cupboards for a touch of nostalgia… a few sentimental pieces will add to the story and bring some meaning to the play
- Most of all, let your hair down, get in and get dirty!
Image credit: Jenna Densten
By the way… this post isn’t sponsored. We just love sharing beautiful spaces and brands to inspire you.